Friday 4 December 2015

RAK Yourself



It's the old airline adage of 'putting on your own oxygen mask before helping others'. Most of find the time to make a kind comment or gesture to those around us but how often do we extend that same kindness to ourselves. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose inner voice can be a little harsh, a little nasty and sometimes just downright rude.



My inner voice feels free to speak to me in a way that I would never dream of speaking to anyone else. And yet, more often than not I tolerate it. I don't question it.

This serves as a welcome reminder to me that my RAK challenge isn't all about making others feel good, it can be about allowing myself to feel good too.

So, today I am going to tell that pesky inner voice to pipe down and play nice while I sit in my favourite craft corner and play with yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment