Thursday 17 September 2015

Socktober

Whoosh....

That was the sound of summer whizzing by and autumn arriving with a wet and windy flourish in here in my part of the UK. After a fairly damp summer we have been plunged straight into darker, colder mornings and the central heating is well and truly on.

Weather report aside, the arrival of autumn means only one thing to the serious sock knitter. I am talking of course about Socktober. A month of all things dedicated to sock knitting in all it's glory and I'm pleased to report a veritable cornucopia of sock related goings on this coming month.

First of all we have Isla of Brit Yarns who is hosting a Socktober knit-along - the Great British Socks Away KAL starting on 1st October. The rules are simple and straightforward and can be found here but the main stipulation is that you must use wool grown in Great Britain (or local to you, for non GB residents).


Isla has also put together a great blog post featuring some fabulous pattern ideas, including patterns from Clare Devine, Rachel Coopey and my very own Rosthwaite socks also get a mention.

Rosthwaite Socks by Louise Tilbrook Designs
In other sock news I am having a Socktober promotion in my Ravelry store with 30% discount of any of my sock patterns. Just use the code Socktober at checkout.

Socktober - Louise Tilbrook Designs


On a personal level I am planning to have a good sort out of my socks projects during the coming month. My own sock drawer is in need of some replenishment and I have a few WIPs which have lingered far too long on the needles. So, as well as participating in the #gbsocksawaykal I will also be working on a good number of other sock projects. Which reminds me... with all the sock related action maybe I should put an order in for some more sock needles. You can never have too many after all - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment