Monday 4 May 2015

Joining in with the Makealong

Those of you who are regular readers will know that I can never resist a KAL and now that my Aestlight Shawl for the Knit British Hapalong is finished my 4 mm needles were in need of a new project.

It was perfect timing then to join in with the Makealong, hosted by Sarah of Crafts from the Cwtch. Knitting or crochet - anything goes and the intention is to try a new technique or somehow challenge yourself.

I couldn't decide on a pattern so in the end I cast on for a simple heart shaped garter stitch shawl of my own devising - so I guess it does count as a challenge. I'm enjoying the squishy gartery goodness for now but the intention is to add some contrast stripes and maybe a fancy border.
How about you - if you are joining in I would love to know what you are making.







No comments:

Post a Comment